Stained Glass Canoe!
Stained Glass Canoe is a Piedmont-Triad based Americana/roots/rock group founded in 2011 by Stokes County residents, Chris and Andrea Templon. It consists of seasoned musicians playing an eclectic mix of Rock, Blues and Americana originals and covers by well-loved groups from the 50’s to now. SGC typically performs in one of four configurations — as a duo with guitar and vocals, a three piece acoustic outfit featuring upright bass (or another instrument), acoustic guitar and vocals and as a four piece electric rock group featuring drums, electric bass, acoustic and electric guitar. The group’s most recent evolution was explored by adding a fiddle player, mandolin or accordion to enhance the “roots” element in their music. Other instruments can also be made available, if requested. Click images below to advance through the slideshow.
Stained Glass Canoe is notable for their powerhouse female lead vocalist Andrea Templon accompanied by vocalist/guitarist Chris Templon and a tight driving rhythm section featuring Roger Kohrs on bass, and Larry Carman on drums. In the photo slide show Debbie Gitlin (also of Stokes County) performs with them at this particular event. These guys blend Americana, groove, blues, roots/rock, funk and a touch of reggae bringing listeners a unique, upbeat, and enjoyable style.
- News!!! They have just completed their 1st studio CD call "Dig In"and has released it! Keep your ears and eyes peeled for show dates! Click the name of the cd above or scroll to the bottom and grab your copy!
- SGC has been featured at the Winston Salem Air Show numerous years
- Live interview by Karen Lee of WUAG’s Carolina Music Storm radio program
- One on One Radio… One on One Music's "Song of the Month" played their song, Franklin's Tower November 02, 2013
- Epicuria Radio from Guilford College (WQFS) features us regularly on their show…
We have been honored to play for important causes such as:
- Heroes Helping Heroes
- Guilford County Animal Shelter
- Breast Cancer Society benefits
- Autism Awareness Benefit 2014
- Benefits for community/individual causes